A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
BugFight is a top-down shooter arena where you play as a ladybug with guns and lasers.
- Fast-paced, skill-based gameplay
- Top-down view with limited visibility (you only see what's in front of your character)
- Classic game modes: deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag
- Challenging AI players that take team roles
- Online multiplayer, if you or your friend hosts it (no central server)
- Hand-drawn maps and characters
- Randomly generated maps
This was my university thesis project I made in 2013. It is made from scratch in Java. In May 2016 I've updated it and fixed some issues, so now I can call it a beta version. There is still much room for improvement, but it's already quite enjoyable.
- Java runtime environment (8+)
- Keyboard and mouse
Just unpack and run!
(The different downloads all have the same files, they're just packaged differently and the Windows one has an exe wrapper for convenience.)
Dedicated server included, see the Readme.txt for details.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.